Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings highPSI-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    19' RS5 Coupe, 22' Tiguan SEL R-line

Wink RS5 Spotted! In Va.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Below is my post from the MARS spotted thread.

I assume since AOA is like 15min away this isn't such a coincidence, but hopefully i can get pics if i see it again. any who just though i'd share.

Ok, i saw a nut buster yesterday with the wife. We were @ Ashbun Village shopping center leaving blockbuster around 3:45pm and you wouldn't believe what roaored by me.

A freaking Red RS5, i know they don't come out till next year, so i was thinking maybe a BETA car? but me and the wife drove by where he parked but didn't get to close as he left his wife in the car, and i didn't have my camera or cell phone. But clearly it was wide bodied, had RS5 badges on the front grill and rear hatch, had a very nice v8 grumble and Michigan tags. I'm still mad i have no pics to share with you all, that's a fail on my part. Hopefully i can spot it again and be ready.
    2019 Glacier White RS5 034 STG3 e85 ECU | 034 STG2 TCU | Uni Carbon intake/inlet | AWE Touring | 034 Downpipe | 034 RSB | ABT HAS | BC Forged KZ10 |
    - Instagram: @Sinister_rs5-

Veteran Member Four Rings Alkivar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '08 A5 3.2L S-line, '03 Passat GLX 4Motion

employee car... Audi HQ is in VA dont forget.
    THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN CENSORED BY AZ MODERATORS.

Veteran Member Four Rings highPSI-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    19' RS5 Coupe, 22' Tiguan SEL R-line

Quote Originally Posted by Alkivar View Post
    employee car... Audi HQ is in VA dont forget.
    Yeah i stated that. They are 15mins away max. I do have quite a few AOA employee's that live in my neighborhood and all the cars have Va Tags with a HQ in the corner and the RS5 had MI tags. Didn't Audi move the HQ from MI to VA? I just want pics of the thing, i might have to roll through their.
    2019 Glacier White RS5 034 STG3 e85 ECU | 034 STG2 TCU | Uni Carbon intake/inlet | AWE Touring | 034 Downpipe | 034 RSB | ABT HAS | BC Forged KZ10 |
    - Instagram: @Sinister_rs5-

Veteran Member Four Rings JimmyBones's Avatar
    AZ Member #

All the test cars that I have seen had MI tags like the Q5 and R8 at the Audi Academy and the two D4 2011 A8s that we were trained on at the dealership last week. Even the TTRS that was shown on Audi's facebook page had MI tags.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Tommy@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS3 LMS/A5 Race Car/Ascari RS5

AOA still has some of it's operations left in Auburn Hills Michigan so that's why some of the cars have MI tags.
    This car is here for product planning with AOA so that all of the preparations can be made for the launch next summer. After AOA employees are done getting familiar with it, it will be given to various magazines here in the states to create "buzz" for the cars launch

Veteran Member Four Rings JimmyBones's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thread revial

The Red RS5 that was spotted is over at the Wagon Works body shop on Route 1 in Arlington if you want to go take a look. I didn't see any damage when I passed by but they had some R8s over there for a while too that had undercarriage damage from the track so I wouldn't be surprised.

Veteran Member Four Rings UmIsThisThingOn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1954 Volkswagen Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBones View Post
    The Red RS5 that was spotted is over at the Wagon Works body shop on Route 1 in Arlington if you want to go take a look. I didn't see any damage when I passed by but they had some R8s over there for a while too that had undercarriage damage from the track so I wouldn't be surprised.
    I think it speaks volumes of the quality of work @ WW if AoA are taking their cars there for repair.